Amsterdam best places to visit – Explore the beautiful ‘Venice of the North’ Amsterdam for an experience of a lifetime by visiting the beautiful museums, long canals, beautiful flower markets either by walking on foot, riding a cycle or by taking the boat to enjoy the beauty of this city.
The city boasts of a heritage and culture that had its reaches upto Asia & Africa as far as back as 18th century. Places to go in Amsterdam are many which catches the eye of all kinds of tourists visiting here.
Read on about the best places in Amsterdam:
1. Witness the beautiful narrow streets with curious looking buildings, elegant dining in places, antique shops for picking up perfect souvenirs or make a visit to the art galleries and enjoy a leisure day at beautiful courtyard gardens and spend few pennies at 9 Street for a great shopping spree by visiting JORDAAN. BEGIJNHOF, the oldest neighborhood is one the Amsterdam places to visit which in earlier times was home to many sisters of catholic origin and it also has the oldest wooden house in Amsterdam preserved to be viewed by the tourists.
2. For those art lovers out there, a visit to MUSEUMPLEIN is a must. It covers Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk museum and has the work of greatest of artists since times immemorial. This tourist place in Amsterdam has a lot of activities for those not so fond of art kind of tourists like exhibitions, open markets and an open pool to soak in your feet during winters and an ice rink in winters.
3. Get mesmerized by the beautiful well-lit bridges, the vast variety of flowers at Bloenmarkt by taking the CANAL CRUISE; this will give the tourists a different visual of the places to go in Amsterdam. You can either take the cruise on a stretch or hop off and on from wherever you like or you can have romantic candle light dinners with your loved one. You must also take a Ferry to North of Amsterdam, a place visited by very few to enjoy great drinks, witness various festivals and events.
4. Enjoy and experiment with your food by trying the Dutch delicacy. You must try the raw herring served in sandwiches with pickles and onions. You would get the sweetest herring if you travel from May to July. Places to go in Amsterdam for food also includes the FOOL HALLEN, where you can much on great variety of street food and drinks
5. Amsterdam places to visit for shopping includes the 9th Street, Mecca of Kalverstraat, De Negen Straatjes, Albert Cuypmarket, Waterlooplein flea market and many more. A perfect blend of designer wear and handmade clothes with best antique boutiques are found at the 9th Street. Enjoy outdoor theaters, live concerts, good food and a leisure day at VONDELPARK
6. Few best places to visit in Amsterdam also include the Anne Frank House turned into a museum, to enjoying tasting good beer by having a tour of the breweries located near the windmills and by visiting the BLOEMENMARKT and tulip fields at BOLLENSTREEK to enjoy the beautiful sight of tulips grown in all vibrant colors. The place to visit in Amsterdam where a perfect picture can be taken to highlight your trip is with the Amsterdam letters which keep changing their location for tourists to have the perfect clicks.
7. Tourist place in Amsterdam for the movie or film fans is the EYE Film Institute, a beatifically made white building which has a vast library having everything related to films along with few cinemas and great restaurants where you can dine.
8. The I Amsterdam City Card is a traveller friendly option which places in the lap of the tourists and travelers an option of absolutely free, all access to various places of interests including museums and famous tourist destinations coupled with free public transport. The card provides an easy option of a smooth and fruitful Amsterdam tours precluding the heavy burden on a traveler’s shoulder of planning a tour of the city many months in advance. It assists in ensuring economy in finances of a visitor to the country and yet provide a lifetime experience.