Amsterdam during the Golden Age: Rembrandt’s love life & family issues, you will hear it all on a 2-hour guided walking tour that takes you to the places where Rembrandt worked, the house he lived and to the impressive churches where he buried his loved ones.
- Celebrate with us Rembrandt’s 350th anniversary!
- Walk in Rembrandt’s footsteps and see how he was inspired by Amsterdam
- Discover all Golden Age traces in the historical city centre
- See the real live view of one of Rembrandt’s famous sketches
- Learn all about Rembrandt’s private & business life
- Visit the Night Watch life-sized sculptures
Head back in time to Golden Age Amsterdam and enjoy this guided walk to the sites that played a crucial role in the life of Rembrandt. Follow in his footsteps and discover how this Dutch master was inspired by Amsterdam.
Imagine going back in time to experience the city during the 17th century, getting to know who he met, who he painted & his relation with them, where he walked, which views he saw when making his famous sketches & hear all about his love affairs.
The tour is a perfect choice for history and art lovers, as well as for travellers wanting to explore this Golden Age of Amsterdam in an educational and entertaining way with a professional guide.
Jodenbreestraat 4, 1011 NK, Amsterdam
In front of the Rembrandt House (entrance not included)
Look for the guides with the orange umbrella
- Duration: 2 hours
- End of the tour: Rembrandtplein
What are the costs?
- Adult 19-99 years old – 25 euro
- Youth 13-18 years old – 25 euro
- Child 6-12 years old – 20 euro
- Infant 0-5 years old – 0 euro
- Professional live guide in English
- Entrance at Rembrandt House (option)
- Entrance at Rijksmuseum (option)
When is it available available?
April 1st till December 31st 2019: Every Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 11am
Something else you should know?
- Arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.