- Treat your loved one on this most romantic activity
- Beautiful bridges, canal houses and over 400 years of history
- Get to know the specialties of the local entrepreneurs
- Cheese tasting with Reypenaer
Description: This 2-hour walking tour starts at Dam Square by meeting your local guide. When leaving Dam Square, hitting the Canal District, the first stop is the back door of the city where we will enjoy a delicious cheese tasting with Reypenaer. From there we are ready to go back in time to the beginning of the Golden Age, when thousands of people annually knocked the doors of Amsterdam, adding to its growing wealth. We will explain you how the expansion of Amsterdam was built, and how you can still see this in the architecture. We will pass by important canal houses and explain all about the hidden and complicated system of waterworks controlling the water levels.
This walking tour combines the history of the canal district & the different styles of the canal houses with the specialties of the local entrepreneurs of this neighborhood, like shops with local products & antiques, local restaurants & lunchrooms and different museums you can’t miss out on!
This tour is also available as a Private Tour.
What are the costs? €22,50
How long does it last? 2 hours
- Professional English speaking tour guide.
- Cheese tasting at Reijpenaer.
- Coffee and typical Dutch treat at Brug 34.
Which languages are available? English
Something else you should know?
- Arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.